Friday, September 25, 2009

65 days down, 145 days to go

A 21 mg patch applied to the left armImage via Wikipedia














When i started my quest to quit smoking in mid-July, the first 30 days were quite exciting. Then, I had 3 sticks a day quota and I can mingle pretty much with my smoker colleagues like i usually did.

On the second month, the excitement from my side as well as from my colleagues, who probably suspected i would be succumbing to temptation soon, died down. Actually, the excitement was turning into apprehension from my side as the Zero Stick a day timeline approaches. Those times, i will always thought while savoring my single stick with a colleague, that the true suffering will kick in when i no longer have the option to any cigarette at all.

Now, i have crossed the 3rd month and i am in the Zero Stick a day timeline now and will be for the next 5 months. I thought I would be experiencing anxiety, not because I want to smoke but could not, but because I don't have that option to smoke anymore when i want to. So far the anxiety attacks have not crept in. Ok, a little bit probably, but not really so much that I got restless as i imagined.

To be honest, I get tempted and at one point yesterday I even asked a collegue if i can take a puff....after getting enough sniffing the smoke from his cigarette.

(Don't worry Ariel...Chintan did not let me...By the way, I think Cigars are not included in the deal right?...Can i get that clarified please!)


So on with my 7 month struggle, mid-February is still far from today, but I think I can get there...smoke free!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment: