Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why do bad things happen...

Sad stories.

I spoke to my good friend yesterday. He told me about the sad news about the condition of his baby boy in the hospital and how the situation has turned for the worse. I could not say a thing. There is not much to say to someone who is already in tremendous grief and for whom you cannot do anything to alleviate his sadness.

I cannot say 'i understand' or 'i know how you feel' as no one will ever know how a father feels nor understand what he is going through, when he stands to lose his infant son, due to a condition not even the best doctors in Singapore can solve.

I can only commiserate in silence. I remember pondering about this question for several years now. Why do bad things happen to good people? I still could not fathom the answer, and maybe i will never be able to.

When my brother was murdered a year ago by people who until now have never been brought to justice, i felt hatred. Hatred for unnamed and faceless criminals who i cannot understand why they do these things. My brother did not deserve his fate. He was a good father and a loyal employee of a bank, who happened to be the target of a bank heist, that left all of the bank's employees brutally butchered.

I asked then, why do bad things happen to good people?

Today I spoke to my mom back home. She is worried about my sister, who has been abused for years by her insane husband. There was again an incident where my sister's asshole for a husband threatened to hit her and abused her verbally. Good thing my elder brother has been watching out for her recently, and can now at least bring some sense to my brother-in-law's insane head that if anything happens to our sister, he will have to pay dearly with his life.

My sister is a good mother and good provider to her three kids. She earns her own and can easily fend for herself and the kids all by herself. She and her kids do not deserve her husband. She is a good person and her kids are a promising intelligent brood that i see a bright future ahead. It brings me deep and terrible pain that they have to go through this in life.

But why do things like these happen to people who don't deserve it?

There is just so much pain and grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment